Quick Coffee Cake
1 cup sugar
1¾ cups white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Butter an 8-inch square cake pan.
3. Mix the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and the baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Work in the butter with your finger or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5. Add the egg and milk and blend.
6. Spoon into the pan.
7. Sprinkle the sugar – cinnamon mixture evenly over the top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
Quick Coffee Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from The Fannie Farmer CookBook, the chapter on “Quick Breads”, Recipe is on page 600 of the Twelfth Edition.
Note from The Fannie Farmer CookBook: Simple to make, good to eat.