½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup shortening
1½ cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 Medium size apples (1½ cups grated apples)
Food Coloring (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°.
2. Grease and flour loaf pan or layer pans.
3. Cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually add sugar, beating well until fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
6. Add vanilla and lemon.
7. Blend or fold in sifted dry ingredients gradually and alternately with grated apples.
8. Pour batter in prepared baking pan.
9. Bake in a 300° oven for approximately 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
11. Remove from pan.
12. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
13. Optional – Icing, frost, garnish etc. to your choice or likings.
Apple Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was given to me by my Aunt Ida Spenser